The venue’s sorted, you’ve got your dress and your shoes, you’ve got plenty of bubbly in and all the invitations have been sent, but now, whether you’re planning your own hen do or whether you’re the chief bridesmaid and brilliant friend of the bride, it’s time to get the gifts. But other than cliché ‘L’ plates you’re stuck for ideas. Let me help. This list of top ten hen party gifts will make it the hen do of the century for both the bride and her guests.
What to get the bride-to-be.
- The bride must feel like a princess tonight so treat her to an embellished wine glass to add extra sparkle to the night. You can get them in different sizes but go for a large one to really get the party going!
- Invest in a signing plate or guestbook so everyone at the party can leave a message for the bride. This is a gift that she will keep for the rest of her life and look at to cherish memories of Hen weekends and also thoughts of her best friends.
- Preserve even more memories for your bride-to-be and get her a beautiful photo album where she can keep all the photos from her favourite parts of the night and from the parts she can’t remember. Remember to assign a designated photographer to ensure someone is capturing all the special moments.
- If the night is a success, your bride is going to be feeling worse for wear in the morning. Although I’m sure she’ll think the hangover is worth it, make your gift a hangover kit to help her out a little. It’s sure to be her favourite present when she wakes up the next morning!
- The hen party is over and now there’s the big day to look forward to. On the hen night give her a ‘just married’ bikini so she’s all set for the honeymoon too.
What to get the hens.
- All your best friends have gathered together for your big night, or they’ve planned the perfect party for you, so say thanks with these special gifts and favours.
- Share the love with your single friends with ‘Sculpt Your Own Perfect Boyfriend’ gifts. They can create a companion for when you’re too busy with your new hubby and you can all have a giggle in the process.
- Whether you need to organise Stag weekends or Hen parties sweet treats always go down well so get your guests personalised cupcake favours or lollipops. Everyone will have one with their name on and they’ll all be so prettily wrapped up with ribbon they’ll look too good to eat.
- Every hen do needs some form of hen identification so if sashes and ‘L’ plates aren’t your thing get everyone a hen party drinking straw. They’re great for keeping your girls’ lippy in tact too.
- Themed lip balms are a cute and useful favour to remind your guests of the party. When the hot guys flock to your hens they’ll also be ready to pucker up!
- With remembrances galore and memories secured by tokens and gifts, give your guests something to look forward to. You’ve been lucky to get your guy so give out fortune telling favours to let your best friends know what luck they are in for too.
Everything is now prepared for the hen party so all you have to do is go out and enjoy it!
Written by Rebecca from Chillisauce Event Planning, who specialise in Hen weekend ideas.