Babies are considered to be gifts from god. These little bundles of joy bring immense happiness to the family. If the couple are blessed with a baby boy they do not know how to contain their joy. But there are many families who prefer little girls and there are many families who are content with a child regardless the gender. All children are equal in the house of the lord and therefore they are christened or baptised in church. This ceremony welcomes the child.
A child is baptised in the presence of his parents, godparents, grandparents, siblings, family friends and other close relatives. After a baptism or christening, the baby is declared ‘child of Christ’. As a baptismal custom, the parents of the baby boy or girl. In the christening ceremony the child is given a name, therefore the ceremony is also referred to as the ‘naming ceremony’.
After the ceremony is over and done with, the party can be conducted at church or at home. If a baby boy is being christened, then the decor of the venue should be done in the conventional colour, blue. Christening gifts bought should also correspond with the child’s gender. Many christening gifts for boys are available in gift stores and online. However, the decor and gifts are not the only things that are to be kept in mind while celebrating a christening. If you are throwing a party then there are a few things you should keep in mind:
Food to be Served
Christening parties are usually held during the day or early in the evening. These parties are meant to small and the food served should not be too elaborate. People usually serve finger food. You can plan a menu which contains food like:
- Chips and dip
- Sausage balls
- Cookies or brownies
- Cheese straws
- Vegetable and deli meat trays
However, a christening cake, no matter how big or small it may be should be served to the guests. Some people also plan huge celebration with an elaborate menu. In case you want to plan something like that then your menu can comprise:
- Roast turkey
- A selection of salads
- A variety of meat dishes
- A selection of desserts
If you are planning a grand event make sure you have caterers handle the food as it will be exhausting for you. Invite the guests before hand and work towards organising the event in a group rather than planning it single-handedly.
Also, make sure that the baby boy is alright amidst all the chaos. Don’t let guest crowd around the baby too much. When the baby is being changed or fed and when the baby is asleep, keep him away from all the noise.
Buying gifts for christening ceremony is a tricky affair, especially because here you need to buy gifts for the little one keeping in mind the religious sentiment attached to the ceremony. Well, if the traditional stores seem to throw you at a loss, consider visiting the online shops for coming across some exclusive gift choices. The online stores exhibiting a wonderful blend of traditional and modern presents will never disappoint you in the run of finding the perfect gift.
If you still seem to be in doubt about visiting the online shops, take a look at the options that you might come across at the stores –
1. White Leather Christening Cross Photo Album – If you do not wish to go wrong with your choice of gift, always make way for the traditional photo album. You can find an album like the one featuring a cross sign at the cover at the online stores. Available in pristine white colour, the album also features a religious touch making it an ideal gift choice for the ceremony. However, it is to be noted that the photo album does not come up to be an ideal gift for the little one and serves the purpose of a keepsake gift more.
2. Christening Cross Heart Shaped Trinket Box – A perfect gift for the little one, the heart-shaped trinket box would allow him or her to preserve the little world of their own into the box. Furthermore, the box comes with the message ‘on your christening’ etched on the top along with a cross motif, which aptly adds to the religious sentiment associated with the ceremony. The trinket box also ideally serves the role of a keepsake box, as it can be preserved for a lifetime.
3. Vera Wang Silver Plated Baby Piggy Bank – A piggy bank as a christening gift is sure to raise your eyebrows, but if you have been looking for an exclusive gift, this has to be your choice. After all, a piggy bank is sure to be loved by the little one, as it would not only be a toy for the little one, but his savings bank for the future, as well.
The choice list regarding christening gifts available at the online stores do not end here, there is more to surprise you; here is a look –
- Christening Noahs Ark Money box
- Personalised Pink Church Teddy
- Personalised Silver Egg Cup and Spoon
- Christening Cross Necklace in a Box
- Personalised Blue Church Loving Mug
When we are invited to attend a christening ceremony, it becomes really tough for us to decide on the gifts for the kid. This gift stays as a memento for the kids when they grow up. So, the gifts should be such that they don’t throw it away rather preserves it and at the same it should also bless them with good luck.
Here are some christening gifts which you can wrap up and gift to the little angels:
- Silver plated racing car money box: this is a perfect gifting option for kids especially boys. The racing car look of the money box will make the gift attractive and at the same time kids will learn to save few bucks from their pocket money.
Silver Plated Racing Car Money Box
- Teddy in pink: now this is what a baby girl will love to play with. Even when she grows up this teddy in pink will for sure be a part of her bedroom.
Teddy in Pink
- YoYo cum keepsake: this is also a great gifting option with which kids can play up to certain time and later they can use it as a wonderful keepsake.
- Cross necklace: the pretty cross necklace will add to the beauty of any baby girl on her day. This will also shower her with blessings. This necklace comes in a charming keepsake presentation box.
- Cinderella tooth and curl carriage: this gift will be preserved by babies even after they grow up. This amazing gift can be one of the best gifts on christening.
Cinderella tooth and curl carriage
These are few christening gifts which you can present kids on the ceremony. Plenty of other options are also available which will remove you hassles regarding buying a gift. The best part of these gifts is that they come at affordable prices and thus you don’t end up with a hole in your pocket.
A child’s christening is a day their parents will never forget. On that day their child is baptised. The baptism or christening ceremony takes place a few weeks after the child is born. This ceremony is attended only by few close relatives and friends as it is a very private affair.
The child gets his or her new identity on this day. As the ceremony is completed in the church, you can see smiling faces all around but the beaming smiles of proud parents is the one that cannot be missed. If you are to attend such a function the first thing that crosses your mind is that you have to buy a suitable present for the child. There is a wide array of gifts that you can choose from.
There are huge varieties of toys that you can choose from. Toy trains are very popular. These trains are small in size and rather beautiful. Babies can play with them till a later stage as well.
Teddies are brilliant gifts to give a baby. Babies always love a furry pet toy to play with these teddies become their best friends and they carry them wherever they go. Teddy bears make lovely christening gifts.
Plates and Spoons
Plates and spoons are important for children as they can eat their food from it. Mothers love feeding their darling ones from the colourful plates they love. These plates come handy as babies start growing.
Plates and Spoons
These christening gifts are a few you can choose from. They are available at gift shops and online gift stores.
Christenings are very special occasions as the newborn is welcomed into the Christian family through this ritual. It should ideally be done at a young age. But families prefer to schedule it so that the whole family can attend it. The gifts that are given on this occasion are usually treasured. So when you choose a gift make sure that it is useful for the baby. When you go gift-shopping, you will be spoilt for choice. The following is a list to help you decide.
- Clothes: This is the best option while shopping for a baby. Infants can never have enough supply of clothes. Besides, you do not have to worry about whether it will be liked or not or if it is in fashion.
- Toys: These are the best thing that a child can ever get. They keep losing or breaking their toys and no matter how many they have, they will always need more. But while shopping for toys make sure that they are of food-grade quality and suitable for infants.
- Piggy banks: These are something that not only the baby but the parents will also love. Being adults we know the importance of savings and so it is best to teach the child this good habit. The earlier you start, the better it is. There are a huge variety of piggy banks available in the market. You can even etch the name of the baby on it to make it more special.
- Albums and photo frames: These are very common gifts but a very good option. They are the perfect medium to store your cherished memories.